These yogurt brittles are super easy to make and a fun way to have your kids involved as well. They are super healthy, and a great refreshing treat for the summer. I normally eat mine after a workout, or pool time with my little Buddha
What you need:
- Yogurt, 2 cups, vegans: Coconut (other non-dairy) or you can use Plane Greek Yogurt, I like coconut and also Goat Yogurt.
- Raspberry, about 1/2 cup
- Blueberry, about 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, about 1/4 cup
- Vanilla, about 1 tsp
- Agave or your sweetener of choice
- Parchment paper (you will need two, one will be to cover the brittle or you can use plastic wrap
- Cookie tray
Also if you want to substitute the berries for another kind of fruit or if you want to also add strawberries, feel free to do so. I also love the Strawberry and Kiwi combo, or Banana and Mango.
As with all my other recipes, my measures are an estimate you can add more or less, unless stated not to.
1) Place the Parchment paper on the cookie sheet, you can also use a flat board or a shallow serving dish, about 1/4 inch think
2) Mix your Yogurt of choice, dairy or none dairy, with about 1 tsp of Vanilla, and the Agave (or your sweetener of choice). The amount of sweetener depends on how sweet you like it, but try not to make it too sweet.
3) Spread your naturally flavored Yogurt on the parchment paper, you want it to be about 1/2 cm thick.
4) Sprinkle your Fruits and Coconut Flakes on the yogurt, and cover gently with another Parchment paper or Plastic wrap. I used Parchment paper.
5) Place the tray in the freezer for about four hours,or over night.
6) When ready, cut the Yogurt-Berry sheet into pieces, either in square or different sizes and enjoy.
You can find the Unsweetened Coconut Flakes here in my product page. They are by fat my favorite brand to prepare dishes with.